Serves : 4 Prep Time : 10 Min Plus 20 Min Marinating Time Cook Time: 10 Min
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast, about 225 g/8 oz each
- Oil for brushing and oiling
- 100g unslated butter at room temperature
- 5 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- 1.5 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
Let’s Make It
- To make the tarragon butter, mash the butter with a fork until soft, then add the remaining ingredients, mixing well. scrape the mixture onto a piece of cligfilm and form into a log. wrap tightly and chill in the refrigerator.
- Slice the chicken breast lengthways to make eight portions. trim any excess fat. place in a single layer in shallow dish. whisk together the marinade ingredients and pour over the chicken, cover with clingfilm and marinate for 30 minutes, turning halfway through. meanwhile, preheat the barbecue.
- Drain the chicken and discard the marinade. pat dry and lightly brush with oil. oil the barbecue rack. place the chicken on the rack, and cover with disposable foil tray. grill over medium-hot coals for 5-6 minutes until the underside is stripped with grill marks and is no longer translucent. using tongs, turn and cook the other side for 4-5 minutes. check the chicken is tender and the juices run clear when a skewer is inserted into the thickest part of the meat.
- Placed in a warmed dish, cover with foil and leave to rest in a warm place for 5 minutes. serve with slices of tarragon butter.